Sunday 30 August 2009

Golden Ivy

My one and only entry to the 2009 Create Your Style Swarovski Competition. I wasn't going to enter anything as this year has been sooooo busy and I didn't feel I could contribute something worthy, but I changed my mind (a girls perogative to do). Started it yesterday and finally finished it about 4.00 this afternoon. Ugh my aching back!!!! Nothing like leaving it until the last minute!!!!

This piece is dedicated to my beautiful Nana who, even though she passed away many years ago, left a mark on my life that has made me the person I am today. Her name ... Ivy May. She was a very proud, old fashioned woman, who had a wicked sense of humour, and a great sense of family values.

So ... down to the nitty gritty!!! I love Golden Shadow and it goes so well with Bronze Swaro pearls that I just had to team them together ... and added a smidge of cream rose in there just to break it up a bit ... and a whole heap of 2mm crystal rounds that I don't want to see again in a big hurry ... LOL. Believe it or not ... there's close to 1000 crystals/pearls on this cuff.

Here she is .....



Used 2mm crystal rounds, 3mm, 4mm, & 5mm Golden Shadow bicones, AND 3mm, 4mm Bronze Swaro pearls AND 4mm Cream Rose pearls.
I've since found out that this piece didn't make it through to the final 30 ... bit of a shame as I'm so in love with this piece, but at least I get to keep it now for the Exhibition I'm trying to organise. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This entry is absolutely stunning - truly exquisite!! Best of luck to you!
♥Sharon