Monday 29 November 2010

Ice Queen

This piece was made as part of the Ice Queen challenge on the Bead Mavens site. Once again, I left it to the last minute to get something done. In fact I only thought of what to do late last night. So away I beaded into the night - got three hours sleep - and beaded the day away, to make the deadline by 10 minutes. Why I do these things to myself I'll never know LOL. All up, there 13.5 hours of frantic work in there.

Anyway my explanation .....

The Ice Queen admires the tendrils of ice around her neck ... but wait!! In amongst all this coldness and despair ... beauty survives.




Made with a braid neckpiece/motif, lots of seedies and Crystal AB Swarovski's to represent the icyness. The winter white roses represent the beauty that survives.
 







8 comments:

Caroline Fung - My Jewelry Journey said...

Gorgeous new work, Maryanne. I really love your bridal pieces. I've mentioned you in my blog and have given you a Kreativ Blogger Award there. Please drop by to pick up your award.

Mar Bisutería said...

Es maravilloso, no conocia eta técnica, y me gsta mucho

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Beautiful Maryanne! Love the mixed media.

Bobbie Pene said...

Maryanne she is a beautiful piece.

Perlenzauberin said...

Great Work! WOW!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Florentina said...

Congratulations, special creations!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs from Romania!

Felicitari,creatii deosebite !
Sarbatori fericite !
Imbratisari din Romania !

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Elegant, beautiful design!