Tuesday 9 June 2009

Sarina Beach

It was the Queen's Birthday holiday here yesterday (Monday) ... and also mummy's choice day as to where we were going to have a picnic and for her to relax. LOL yeah right "mummy's day" ... mummy still had to go out and buy the food, prepare the food and drinks, pack said food and drinks, and make sure the kids were dressed appropriately and with hats ... where is the relaxation in all that? LOL

Anyway I made the executive decision - against all the kids wishes as to where they wanted to go *inserting evil laugh* - that we go to Sarina Beach. I love Sarina Beach.

I find the ocean, listening to it, watching it, very relaxing and soon find myself de-stressing (which I think was hubby's idea all the time) - it generally centres me, iykwim. While hubby and the three munchkins played footy on the beach - and yes my beautiful daughter joined in on that one - I walked along the beach, towards the rocks. I'd taken my you beaut digital SLR along meaning to take some wonderful photos - LOL don't think I took wonderful photos, but they'll do. The tide was going out, so alot of the rocks were left with interesting little rock pools. The idea struck me then to get slightly arty farty and take photos of the pools - and also to get inspiration for a current challenge themed "Rock Pool". So these are my attempt at arty farty.

The first one here is of the beach, the rocks and the headland - those rocks there are where I was walking around and taking photos ... and generally enjoying the peace and serenity of the whole place.




With this one below, I wish I could have captured the trickle or flow of the water. The water was racing down from the rocks towards the beach and water - and making this gorgeous meander across the beach.

I won't bore you with anymore - I took heaps, but these are the ones that really caught my eye while I was de-stressing. Hope you like my trip to the beach as much as I did.

3 comments:

Christina J. said...

Great photos...sounds like a wonderful time. I especially like the last photo.

Julz said...

Awww...Maryanne...your photos are gorg...isnt it amazing how we conjure greens and blues in our mind when we think of rockpools...yet your piccies are all boodiful natural reds and browns!!! Food for thought!!!
My brother just moved to Mackay and has been to Sarina beach a few times...he likes it alot!!! *sniff* now I miss my bro...LOL!!!
Glad you had a nice time and de-stressed!

Unknown said...

Hi Maryanne...
thanks for the mini vaca....
needed it...
wish I'd been there 2...
mona & the girls