Tuesday 26 May 2015

Recent pieces

They might not be much, but these are some the pieces I've made over the last year ... when I've gotten around to doing some beading :)

This piece was started while I was on a short weekend trip to Brisbane last year for my 30 year School Reunion. At the time I was staying with my mum, who by the way is my greatest fan, and she expressed a love of the colours and the design. Then and there I thought that when I got home and finished it, it would become my xmas present to my mum. Needless to say, she adores it. :) Made with iridescent leaf cabochons by Kinga Nichols, seedies, Swarovski's, and beautiful peacock coloured satin cord.

 
Beautiful agate slice with a graduated colour from dark dark grey to almost white. To soften the edges I added some small fringing around the piece.
 

 
This piece of gorgeousness was a commission piece by a repeat customer, who just happens to love blue as much as I do. This pendant features a lovely green and blue dichroic by Silvermoonlyn, and has been surrounded by seed beads and Swarovski Crystals. 
 



 

 The centrepiece to this beautiful cuff is the dyed agate druzy. The colours are just so beautiful. To carry on the ripple effect in the druzy, I used Shibori Ribbon by Glenis Dolce and soft beading to accentuate the rippling. The pretty little lilac polyclay flowers are by Etsy seller "tooaquarius"
 

 Featuring a 'lil birdie clay cabochon by Aussie clay artist Nat from Peruzi, and surrounded by seed beads, Swarovski Pearls, and Swarovski Marguerite Crystals, with just a hint of fringing.


Another pendant featuring the beautiful dichroic glass work of Lyn from Silvermoonlyn. The seed beads and Swarovski Crystals carry on the dark and light of the glass.


I must have this thing about using Lyn's glass, because these next two pair of earrings also feature her dichroic glass. Both gorgeous and sparkly!!!

 
 

No comments: